Jan 20, 2013

Research Tree (1)

Creating the research panel is hard work. In order to display the research tree, I have to create a custom algorithm. As the tree won't be symmetric, that's quite hard. I'm not satisfied yet by what I made so far but I'm on the path (to glory).

Here is the current result of my viewer prototype :


I wanted to manage nodes with more than one parent to make tree branches cross but that's hell to handle! So for now, I'll keep it simple : only one parent.

Oh and something that the screenshot doesn't show, you can drag the tree around. Still work in progress but it looks promising.

2 comments:

  1. Sinon, tu peux faire un système à la Civilization en simplifié avec des ages.
    Par exemple, A0, B1, B1, B3 appartiennent à l'age 1 et C1, C2, C3, C4 au 2.
    Pour rechercher une technologie C, il faut que tu ais toutes les téchnos de l'âge 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je vais peut-être découper ça en plusieurs moirceaux mais il faut quand même que j'arrive à gérer correctement l'affichage pour au moins 6 ou 7 niveaux d'enfants.

      Delete